Hosting Regular Networking meetings
What we do:
- Arrange and host regular networking meetings
- Potential attendees:
- Simply for foreigners and Finns to network and share experiences
- For IB students, Finnish-language students, freelancers, entrepreneurs to network with companies & the local business community
- For trained tradespeople, Finnish-language students and ammatti students looking for work, to meet companies with open workplaces (not agencies and cleaning companies)
- Local companies that are looking for workers with an international background.
- These events could be themed by industry to make them more relevant.
- Invite guest speakers from the local business community and from a company.
- Organise a speed-networking sessions so the Finns and the foreigners have an opportunity to meet.
- People could be split into smaller groups, based on industry or interests, to make the ‘meetings’ more meaningful.
- E.g. HoReCa, Metal Fabrication, Technology
- Companies get the opportunity to meet with potential employees or freelancers.
- The business community gets to meet with members of the immigrant community.
- Foreigners can learn about the local employment opportunities and business community.
- EVERYONE has an opportunity to NETWORK and make new contacts.
Organise & Host an Afternoon or Evening seminar
What we do:
- Organising guest speakers
- Inviting, activating foreigners to attend
- Marketing activity to publicise event and maximise attendance numbers
- Hosting the event (3 people)
- Themes: e.g. Employing Foreign Workers; Yrittys;
- A successful, well-attended event that has benefits for the attendees (foreigners), the companies and for the municipality/town