As Co-founder of Xport, I have been a business owner in Finland for nearly six years. In that time, I have also started a Limited company in the United Kingdom and a toiminimi (sole trader/self-employed business) in Finland. This experience, combined with my foreign heritage, gives me a unique perspective on being an entrepreneur.
As a business coach to the Preppaamo programme, managed by Selmu Ry, I gained experience of coaching a group on young Finns who were planning a business in the competitive gaming industry. I have also been a mentor to several immigrant entrepreneurs to develop and implement their business plan by:
- questioning their ideas
- offering constructive criticism
- focusing on sales and generating profit
- advising on networking
- making introductions to help developing business relationships
- planning and setting goals
- identifying suppliers and service-providers
- sharing experiences and lessons learned during my career
I am interested in positions as a Business Advisor or Board Member to a company that uses English as its business language.